By International Atomic Energy Agency
Read or Download Accidental Overexposure of Radiotherapy Patients in San Jose, Costa Rica PDF
Similar computational mathematicsematics books
This quantity comprises approximately forty papers protecting the various most modern advancements within the fast-growing box of bioinformatics. The contributions span quite a lot of themes, together with computational genomics and genetics, protein functionality and computational proteomics, the transcriptome, structural bioinformatics, microarray info research, motif identity, organic pathways and platforms, and biomedical functions.
A part of a four-volume set, this publication constitutes the refereed lawsuits of the seventh overseas convention on Computational technological know-how, ICCS 2007, held in Beijing, China in may well 2007. The papers hide a wide quantity of subject matters in computational technology and similar components, from multiscale physics to instant networks, and from graph concept to instruments for software improvement.
In recent times numerous new sessions of matrices were came across and their constitution exploited to layout quickly and exact algorithms. during this new reference paintings, Raf Vandebril, Marc Van Barel, and Nicola Mastronardi current the 1st complete evaluate of the mathematical and numerical homes of the family's most modern member: semiseparable matrices.
- Algorithms and Theory in Filtering and Control: Proceedings of the Workshop on Numerical Techniques for Systems Engineering Problems, Part L
- Multivariate Splines
- Multi-scale Phenomena in Complex Fluids
- 9th Int'l Conference on Numerical Methods in Fluid Dynamics
- Parallel and distributed computation: numerical methods
Additional info for Accidental Overexposure of Radiotherapy Patients in San Jose, Costa Rica
2. CONDITION OF THE ALCYON II 60Co UNIT Alcyon II was in a good condition, and the geometrical parameters were within the acceptable tolerances for treating patients. III of Appendix I): the axial coincidence of the collimator; the isocentre; the optical distance indicator; the coincidence between the field size indicator on the collimator and the light beam size; and the congruence of the light and/or radiation beam. Deficiencies in the treatment couch were found in the expert review in July 1996.
Permanent epilation, pigmentation and severe subcutaneous fibrosis after irradiation of the left groin. The patient also had limited movement of the left hip as a result of overexposure. Regrowth of hair often occurs even when radiation doses to the skin are high. A number of patients had permanent epilation, which attests to the high skin doses they had received (Photographs 10 and 11). Examples of such cases included: (1) 50 Patient No. 5 Gy per fraction. This patient had ulceration of the vulva on both sides.
However, one day after this request, on 17 October 1996, the Minister of Health of Costa Rica faxed a note to the IAEA referring to the request of the President of the CEA and informing the IAEA that the Ministry of Health was the sole entity responsible for medical matters in Costa Rica and that neither the President of the CEA nor the Co-ordinator of the group established by the CCSS had any authority to request the assistance of the IAEA. The Minister thus cancelled the request for assistance.
Accidental Overexposure of Radiotherapy Patients in San Jose, Costa Rica by International Atomic Energy Agency